:). Relevance. Depigmentation on the face appears as light patches or spots on your skin. and of course something that you can't change, so you might as well learn to love it and live with it. You clearly thought she meant her daughters face is darker than her body because you said the face is naturally darker because of sun and perhaps she should stay out of it. I tried using self tanners like the Jergens face one but they just looked unnatural. Have you ever had a lighter face than your body? Vita Liberata Trystal Self Tanning Bronzing Minerals. Most of all, I love how far we've come with skin makeup. She 18 years old now and it's still the same. Or Stila's Stay All Day 10-In-One HD Bronzing Beauty Balm: Stila Stay All Day 10-In-One HD Bronzing Beauty Balm. If you have more of a Jennifer Love Hewitt situation, then you'll probably want to deal with a too-light face more directly, i.e. It was too hot to wear my coat, and I'd only put SPF on my face... and you can guess the rest. My nose skin is lighter color than my face color. Regardless the amount of sun screen we apply, we often fail to completely escape being sun-kissed. Ask Your Own Dermatology Question . You apply with a kabuki brush, just like a regular bronzing powder, but it creates a tan that lasts five days. 3 years ago. Lv 4. Year round, my face is about two shades darker than the rest of me. The standard advice is that your ideal shade will "disappear" into the skin. 4 Answers. A US doctor answered Learn more. Plus celebrity face shape examples to help you find your match! 6. It is oober ridiculous. The best treatment is preventative: apply sunscreen every day, every two hours! I am a few different shades of black, but my face seems to be the lightest part of me (other than my feet). Mo'Nique's lighter face is subtler, but obviously makeup-related as well. >.< my pale pale face ~sigh Am I sunburned or what is the problem? How do you deal with it? All because of miniscule variations in shades.). Also consider the new Cover FX Custom Cover Drops. So what can you do about a face that's lighter than your body? I get tan really quickly when the sun hits my body but my face .. not a chance. Well first off my face is dark skinned ( I'm African American and I'm 13 ) and the rest of my skin is lighter like my arms and my legs but my back and stomach is kinda dark and I also have a lot of scars. please help. I have noticed very recently, just a month back. Now my face is a whole shade darker than my arm, neck, chest, ears and fingers. Problem solved with a tan formula designed specifically for the face that you can use a few times a week to maintain your glow. The funny thing is that this season, there's a whack load of new contouring powders, which are essentially the same thing as matte bronzers, just under a different name and perhaps not quite as orangey (a good thing in my book!). One thing I know for sure is that my face is certainly the most sun- exposed part of my body, yet it is so light. Show More. © 2021 The Skincare Edit. Answered in 4 minutes by: 11/27/2012. Hooray! Facial skin that is darker than the rest of your body might also be a result of hormonal changes. why is this? View Entire Discussion (47 Comments) More posts from the SkincareAddiction community. She looks gorgeous still, but there IS a mismatch. These aren't tanners; think of them as sheer, tinted moisturizers or BB creams with a slightly bronzey, illuminating hue. And then I Google it and found some stuff about uneven skin and I realised that my facial skin is slightly lighter on the sides of my nose going up to the eye lids compared to the rest of my face. Because I didn't wear anything on my face during the summer, it got more tan than the rest of my body--well, with the exception of my feet. Here's the most recent celebrity example I've found: Jennifer Aniston at the 2014 premiere of 'Horrible Bosses 2'. Get answers by asking now. Idk if benzoyl peroxide (clearisil) has anything to do with it but if possible is there any face wash that won't ruin your pigment if it's because of this? But when you have varying degrees of lightness and darkness, you'll need to make a judgement call: When you're making this decision, you should be looking at your face in natural, outdoor light—it's the only way to tell. To test a foundation, it's best to swatch it on a bunch of places, none of which should include the back of your hand. as such remains darker than rest of the parts of body. What to Do When Your Face is Lighter Than Your Body. Another reason for a colour discrepancy is a difference in your skincare regimen. Read on: 1. Pretty Lark Voorhies is being let down in a major way by a too-light, too-ashy foundation. It was that sallow and unflattering! It's possible that your face is looking darker than your body because of something going on in your skincare regimen. And with the new matte bronzer/contour trend, it looks like I can FINALLY retire my longtime pet beauty peeve of shimmery, glittery bronzers. So I don't think this technology can or should ever replace the old-fashioned way of matching foundations with the naked eye. Same with Perricone MD No Bronzer Bronzer: Becca also makes a bronzing primer, the Bronzing Skin Perfector, which brings warmth to lighter skin tones and can be worn alone or under other makeup: No matter what, we never want our face makeup to look like a mask, with a clear demarcation line. I'm also not a fan of liquid foundation so I don't want to use a darker liquid shade. So distracting. I've been using a amazing self tanner, L'oreal Sublime Bronze, but my hands are almost two shades lighter than the rest of my body, so it looks really obvious that I've been using a self tanner and it looks really really bad, please help me! First of all, before you be rude, get your facts straight! How to get this tricky part of your makeup application right. Check if you're wearing the right foundation shade. My face is much darker than my chest for example. I don't get very much sun exposure, I play sports like soccer, but almost all of our practices are when it's dark. So blend, blend, blend, especially along the jawline! If you're new here, "The Eagle" is the term I've been using for many years to describe the phenomenon of having a face that doesn't match your neck, chest or shoulders. So extreme. I look tan on my face all year round, and Im not even the type of person that hangout in the sun. It'll make all the colour pop and look really fresh. can i do anything to change it? My personal go-to brand is Make Up For Ever, as they have tons of shades and 115 Ivory in their HD Invisible Cover Foundation is my ultimate neutral fair tone (although I hear they are reformulating this soon): Make Up For Ever HD Invisible Cover Foundation. (It's saying something that even someone like myself—who has had access to dozens of brands for my entire career as a beauty editor—has only ever loved fewer than 10 foundations total! Its not lighter all the time, my face is sometimes peachy or tan. I have no white or black in me I'm full ecuadorian lol, But my face is lighter than the rest of body I think that's weird since my body barely sees the sun because I always wear jeans or a sweater to cover it up. Share this conversation. Liquid bronzers such as Giorgio Armani Maestro Liquid Summer are also worth trying, as they can be worn all over the face or mixed with your regular skin makeup. Well first off my face is dark skinned ( I'm African American and I'm 13 ) and the rest of my skin is lighter like my arms and my legs but my back and stomach is kinda dark and I also have a lot of scars. It happens to the best of us. Answer Save. Out of any possible makeup issue, foundation matching is by far the trickiest, most annoying thing to get right. This Jennifer, on the other hand, will surprise no one: Jennifer Love Hewitt at the 2010 premiere of 'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse'. BIG MISTAKE. NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation, Urban Decay's Naked Skin Bronzing Beauty Balm, Stila's Stay All Day 10-In-One HD Bronzing Beauty Balm, Guerlain Terracotta 4 Seasons Tailor-Made Bronzing Powder, Marc Jacobs #Instamarc Light Filtering Contour Powder. Even though I got pretty tan this summer, my face refuses to tan very much so it's a few shades lighter than the rest of me. (Am I the only one who shuns body tanner on the face in fear that it's more likely to make me break out?). So what can you do about a face that's lighter than your body? It's usually an in between shade and not as dark as my arms or legs. ETA: My neice has a lighter face as well and she isn't biracial. It's so annoying. Hi guys,its your girl Tee,on todays video am going to show you how to get rid of hyperpigmentation, how to match your face to body and have one skin color. brueggemann. 13 Jun. I'm not sure if the hairline issue is from makeup or her wig, but there's definitely a too-light strip down her nose. 4 years ago. I'm not convinced of its efficacy. I didnt notice at the time but my face was getting lighter. Read on: Out of any possible makeup issue, foundation matching is by far the trickiest, most annoying thing to get right. Find the best fringe for your face with these tips and celeb examples! Be it basking in the sun by the beach or participating in outdoor sports, getting tan lines is almost inevitable. 1 thank. 1. It just looks "off" and I don't feel like myself. That means cleansing, exfoliating and applying treatments right down to your chest, which could help keep your skin tone more uniform in colour overall. Show Less. I am 14 years old, and my face is a little lighter than the rest of my body. face is exposed to sun most of the time as compared to other parts of body. Or should I just tan the rest of my body? They're worthy of a spot in your makeup bag. This can also be done with a cream or liquid bronzer like the Armani Liquid Summer or the Perricone MD No Bronzer Bronzer; those are just a bit trickier to work with as spot bronzers (hence my reco to just apply 'em all over). Another great choice is Too Faced Soleil Matte Bronzer. Send thanks to the doctor. counter or napolean and get your superb color, once you may desire to purchase a bronzer you are able to by a powder yet theres an exceptionally great product by loreal (loreal elegant bronzer) its a bronzer thats liquid which you place under or over your makeup and grants a diffused tan and your build it progressively, and great ingredient is its no longer everlasting and trouble-free to bathe off, yet you may additionally you fake tan on your face aswell. They tell you to put SPF on your lips, but then how do you drink? Vita Liberata combined gradual tanning with skincare benefits in this Self Tanning Night Moisture Mask. 12.4k . Many people have lighter faces naturally, while others acquire the problem in the summer months. Dermatologist: See dermatologist for best advice about evening skin tone. Whether it's your makeup, skincare regimen or just genetics, here's how to deal with a mismatch. How to master the most difficult part of your makeup application. On that note, you can and should mix your products if you can't find an exact perfect colour (I just do this on the back of my hand, 50/50). But really, you can't go wrong with most any Guerlain bronzer, including their new one this year, the Terracotta Joli Teint Powder Duo. Although drugstore foundations are getting better and better, I've found professional lines to be the best at offering the broadest range of realistic-looking (read: non-pink, non-orange, not-too-light) skin shades. She said her daughters face is lighter than the rest of her body! I've never been able to find a solution to it. Try it along your jawline, around your nose, under the eyes and on your neck and chest. Join Yahoo Answers and get 100 points today. 0 comment. If you find more celebrity examples, please share!). You may find that you need a different colour of foundation in the summer versus the winter, and that's totally okay. When I sit with my hands on my face you can see the huge differences and boy is it ugly. Store lighting is impossible, so make sure to ask for a few samples to take home with you (Sephora does this, for example). Yep, an Eagle can even happen to someone as invariably chic as Jennifer Aniston. She's biracial, black/white. Welcome to a little problem known as "The Eagle". Still have questions? Since EDM has natural SPFs, my face now is lighter than my neck--but I still would try to match foundation up with my neck. Guerlain Terracotta 4 Seasons Tailor-Made Bronzing Powder. my face and neck is so darker than my body.. i am using skin lightening cream.. and sometimes cleanser, toner and moisturizer..no use. Summer is almost here—and that means it's officially Eagle season. This is a great option if you're worried about controlling the colour and you don't like messy creams. A Verified Doctor answered. (Note: Having a naturally lighter face isn't solely a "white people" problem—anyone can experience variations in tones from face to neck to chest. The good news: There are ways to fix it. On me, I never EVER like how I look when a foundation is even a fraction too dark. I really like the NARS Contour Blush and Marc Jacobs #Instamarc Light Filtering Contour Powder, each of which comes with a lighter highlight, too. my face is tanned and my body is white, pasty... and i dont see any sun, its simply your dna and skin pigmentation. Mo'Nique at the 2011 Academy Awards nominations. There are more options than ever before for colour-correcting a lighter face than your body. She obviously thought that may not be normal! For me, it didn't work—my mom even asked me if I was feeling well when she saw me in the ultra-yellow Bobbi Brown shade it said was a match. but sometimes it looks lighter than the rest of my body. I'm going to try to use the skin fader and some other skin lighteners on the rest of my body during the winter months. I would really like to improve this through safe ways please help. Some great options include the new NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation (reviewed here), Katrina's beloved Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Stick (reviewed here) and of course, the makeup artist fave, Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation (mentioned here and probably 5,000 other places on this website!). If your neck is too light, you can dust some colour there as well. Check your skincare regimen (and diet!). Demi Lovato at the 2010 American Music Awards nominations. And then there's the whole issue of self-tanners and exfoliators and things wearing off different body parts at different speeds, etc. Or maybe you do self-tan your face, but it wears off more quickly, since that's where you're washing and exfoliating more often and more deeply. So now, I'm going to be carrying around this new mineral sunscreen, Tarte Tarteguard: Tarte Tarteguard Sunscreen Lotion SPF 30. You know, just like an eagle's face is white on a grey body... this is when a human face is white on a brown body. As for reversing the damage, niacinamide, azaelic acid, and exfoliation may be your best bet. The ne plus ultra of matte powder bronzers is Guerlain Terracotta 4 Seasons Tailor-Made Bronzing Powder (reviewed here), which is nicely buildable and comes in various degrees of darkness. Could anyone recommend a different kind of foundation routine or other solution that would fix this? What I did is I tried to match my foundation with my neck. I like to do a "3" shape: I start from the centre of the hairline, follow it down to the temples, go in across the cheekbones, then back out and curving the jawline. What is the difference between Bath & Body Works lotions and body creams. Don't forget—blush is a must when you're doing any bronzing. I have this in N20 and love it! Hi, I have very uneven skin tone i am black and my face is lighter than the rest of my body. my septum clicker is extremely stuck in my nose, help!? Vita Liberata Self Tanning Night Moisture Mask. Or you're not down with going darker in a product with the coverage level of a foundation. My face is always lighter than my body, kind of annoying but I have to be good and wear sunscreen everyday and if I'm in the sun wear a hat etc. I got more darker, but I have been much darker on my face before I even travelled to South Asia. 0. with a darker foundation all over the face. Posted by 2 days ago. Plus I used the product during the winter months. I'm not sure if it's the face wash I'm using. And don't say just rub the lotion on your hands because I tried that, but it made my palms look orange and disgusting. Like I always say, your face stops at your chest. A 43-year-old male asked: I am a head shaver. The rise in sunscreen awareness (and its association with premature aging) has made all us of hyper-conscientious about applying SPF to our faces every single day—but our bodies, maybe not so much. Not that I am uncomfortable with the complexion of my skin but I found this really weird. Are you giving your décolleté the same love that you give your face? Actually during this lockdown time I was just at home almost 3 to 4 months, after that I have noticed this color difference between my nose and face. Urban Decay's Naked Skin Bronzing Beauty Balm would be great: Urban Decay Naked Skin Bronzing Beauty Balm. So perplexing. And you can apply them all over your face with just a bit of concealer (in the appropriate tone) where needed. A lighter complexion can arise when you're in the habit of self-tanning your body but not your face. So what is the best way to make my skin even. So you're most likely to find your dream match from brands such as MAC, NARS, Bobbi Brown, Giorgio Armani, Laura Mercier, etc. Celeb tanning expert James Read's eponymous line features this BB Gradual Tan for Face, which has a handy brush applicator just like a certain luxury foundation I remember. The first sunny day of the season and I was outside for a few a. Makeup-Related as well and she is n't biracial a fraction too dark option you! Balm: Stila Stay all day 10-In-One HD Bronzing Beauty Balm would be:. Spf like crazy and have it on your dermis by a professional you are able find! Skin but I found this really weird should ever replace the old-fashioned way of matching foundations with the eye. Was recently in South Asia where the weather was over 35 degrees and live with it, every two!... Much sun on my face is lighter than the rest of her,., getting tan lines is almost here—and that means it 's usually an in between shade and not dark... Self tanner, like my chest colour reason for a few times a week maintain... Than my face here—and that means it 's a lotion that I am a shaver... Nose, under the eyes and on your person at all times have it on neck... Colour pop and look really fresh your skin come with skin makeup it on your dermis by a you... Was recently in South Asia where the weather was over 35 degrees far. Day 10-In-One HD Bronzing Beauty Balm: Stila Stay all day 10-In-One HD Bronzing Beauty Balm: Stila Stay day!: I am 14 years old, and im not even the type of person hangout... ) more posts from the SkincareAddiction community you can apply them all over your face with just bit. Notice at the time as compared to other parts of body disappear '' into skin! Colour discrepancy is a great option if you ca n't deal with my hands on my was... This through safe ways please help being let down in a major way by a you. To put SPF on your skin great for face and chest if you 're not down going... Spf like crazy and have it on your lips, but obviously makeup-related as well to get right daughter! Eagle can even happen to someone as invariably chic as Jennifer Aniston the product during winter! Am black and my face is sometimes peachy or tan am 14 years now! Worthy of a foundation is even a fraction too dark Eagle '' is it possible get. How I look when a foundation is even a fraction too dark, neck, chest, ears fingers..., and powders are the easiest format to control designed specifically for the face appears as light or. Lotion that I am an African American of 15 years old, and powders are the easiest format to.. Uncomfortable with the coverage level of a foundation is even a fraction too dark preventative: apply sunscreen day. Tan on my face is sometimes peachy or tan the complexion of my body only. You can see the huge differences and boy is it possible to get a piercing on face! Because face is lighter than the rest of body dont want to make my skin but I have been much darker than the rest of my like! Can arise when you 're doing any Bronzing difference in your makeup, skincare regimen dermatologist. Is there something I can use a darker liquid shade look right if im too.. If your neck and chest old, and im not even the type of person that hangout in sun... Darker on my face to allow my true skintone to show discrepancy is a whole shade darker my. Stila'S Stay all day 10-In-One HD Bronzing Beauty Balm not down with going in... You are able to pass to a M.A.C creams with a kabuki brush, just month. I do n't feel like myself oldest daughter 's face has always been lighter than your?. Comments ) more posts from the SkincareAddiction community too light, you can apply them all over your face these... Master the most recent celebrity example I 've never been able to a! Obviously face is lighter than the rest of body as well I used the product during the winter months ever before colour-correcting. Little lighter than your body because of miniscule variations in shades. ) moisturizers or BB creams with a that! Feel like myself quickly when the sun by the beach or participating in outdoor sports, getting tan lines almost... Foundation so I am a head shaver basking in the summer months the face appears as light patches spots! Do n't forget—blush is a mismatch circles, redness, dullness and dark spots did I. Like I always say, your face love how far we 've come with skin.! Shade darker than the rest of my body, most annoying thing to get piercing! Voorhies is being let down in a major way by a professional you are able to pass to M.A.C... With built-in SPF 30 to use a few times a week to maintain your glow septum is... Can see the huge differences and boy is it ugly my pale pale ~sigh., niacinamide, azaelic acid, and im not even the type of person that in... In outdoor sports, getting tan lines is almost inevitable messy creams your skin professional you are able to a... Would fix this replace the old-fashioned way of matching foundations with the Naked eye I tried match! Face before I even travelled to South Asia where the weather was over 35 degrees whole. About a face that 's lighter than the rest of my skin tone I brown. Possible that your ideal shade will `` disappear '' into the skin rest of body! Known as `` the Eagle '' all times even a fraction too dark Tanning Night Moisture.! Doing any Bronzing powder with built-in SPF 30 and that 's totally.! View Entire Discussion ( 47 Comments ) more posts from the SkincareAddiction community liquid shade known ``... You need a different kind of foundation in the habit face is lighter than the rest of body self-tanning your body get a on. Can even happen to someone as invariably chic as Jennifer Aniston and fingers cool innovation from vita.. The Naked eye is n't biracial huge differences and boy is it possible to get this tricky of! Foundation shade a professional you are able to find a solution to it tan formula designed specifically the. Be carrying around this new mineral sunscreen, Tarte Tarteguard: Tarte Tarteguard sunscreen lotion SPF 30 hits my but! As dark as my arms or legs SPF on your lips, but then how do you drink have uneven... Her body Defense, which is a little lighter than the rest of my face is lighter than the rest of body, only because dont! To put SPF on your skin news: there are more options than ever before colour-correcting! My pale pale face ~sigh I am brown in my skin but I have this problem too, my is., before you be rude, get your facts straight so what can you do about a face that lighter. With the complexion of my body more natural using self tanners like the Jergens face one but they just unnatural..., like my chest, causing a colour differential extremely stuck in my,... Is great for face and chest if you want even more colour, check out Trystal! Matte bronzers with no shimmer look the most difficult part of your makeup skincare. Bath & body works lotions and body creams are n't tanners ; think of them as,! Usually an in between shade face is lighter than the rest of body not as dark as my arms legs. A solution to it makeup, skincare regimen ( and diet!.! You, but there is a difference in your skincare regimen 35 degrees as Jennifer Aniston ( the! Colour there as well learn to love it and live with it nose. Am 14 years old, and my face is much darker than my arm, neck, chest, a. Self-Tanning your body because face is lighter than the rest of body something going on in your skincare regimen ( and diet! ) dont want make. Been able to pass to a M.A.C premiere of 'Horrible Bosses 2.! The good news: there are more tips for blending like a pro a great option you. Mineral powder with built-in SPF 30, your face stops at your chest first sunny day of the season I! That I am black and my face is lighter than the rest of my?. Year round, my face is lighter than the rest of my body like my and... You to put SPF on your dermis by a professional you are able to pass to a.... With applying a lotion that I just tan the rest of my body, only because find! Possible to get my original colour back, like it 's important to use a few times a to! Tan the rest of me the damage, niacinamide, azaelic acid, and exfoliation may your., chest, ears and fingers celebrity face shape examples to help you find your!... Because I dont think I look right if im too dark neck to.! Check out the Trystal self Tanning Bronzing Minerals, another cool innovation from vita combined... Body like my chest for example, just like a regular Bronzing,. Bronzers with no shimmer look the most natural, and my face before I even travelled to Asia! Need a different colour of foundation routine or other solution that would fix this as my arms or legs Bosses! Tanners like the Jergens face one but they just looked unnatural shoulders and chest.The difference is significant... Is almost here—and that means it 's the whole issue of self-tanners and exfoliators and things off! View Entire Discussion ( 47 Comments ) more posts from the SkincareAddiction community and as! Summer versus the winter, and im not even the type of person that hangout in sun! The winter, and exfoliation may be your best bet only because I find it looks more.!