Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc. is one of the nation's leading manufacturers of Significant changes included a frame extension, the incorporation of Ruger’s scope mounting cuts machined into the topstrap, and the adoption of the GP100’s coil-spring system. 63 0 0. In developing and offering this sixgun to the shooting public, Ruger has produced a true big bore revolver that is strong, reliable, and within the means of most shooters. But now the big bore is back — with a vengeance. lines. The original Super Redhawk can be had with 5,” 7.5” (reviewed here), and 9” barrel lengths. It shot well, as I expected it would. Super Redhawk ® Triple-locking cylinder is locked into the frame at the front, rear and bottom for more positive alignment and dependable operation shot after shot. See individual spec sheets for model specific features. Now, about the .480. The Ruger Redhawk for sale at Omaha Outdoors is a revolver born and bred for big game hunting with unmatched power and performance. This means you have the option to read your magazine on most popular phones and tablets. For a frame of reference, the .44 Magnum’s max is 36,000 psi. This package comes with the original hard case. The Ruger Super Redhawk was introduced in 1986. The grip’s synthetic rubber does a good job of soaking up at least some of the recoil. ruger super redhawk 480. The double-action pull is decent, with a normal amount of stacking, and the single-action pull is quite crisp. Gun Control Advisory Board Notice of Open Meeting. Pre-Owned - Ruger Super Redhawk SA .480 9.5" Revolver. Ruger Super Redhawk .480 Ruger 9" Target Grey (KSRH-9480) OUT OF STOCK (7) Ruger KSRH2480 SRDHWK 480RUG 2.5 Stainless Steel. The grip is Hogue’s Tamer Monogrip. This package comes with the original hard case. The new Ruger SuperRedhawk .480 is shortened to a 4.80" barrel length. They are effective for personal protection but only if you put in the time to practice. Strong, extended frame with extra metal in the top strap, sidewalls and barrel mounting areas to handle powerful, big … Ruger’s decision to pull the Super Redhawk (SRH) in .480 Ruger from production several years back sent a shockwave through the ranks of .480 aficionados across the land. Did we survive? In the 21 st century’s earliest years, Ruger decided the world needed a revolver cartridge with a bore larger than .45 caliber. Transfer bar mechanism provides an unparalleled measure of security against accidental discharge. Sights consist of a fixed ramp front sight with Ruger's familiar white-outline fully-adjustable rear sight. Ruger was looking for a round that would use big bullets like the Linebaugh but operate at lower pressures than the .454 Casull—50,000 psi maximum average pressure for the Ruger cartridge pressure versus 65,000 psi for the Casull. The stippling on the side helps keep the gun anchored in your hand, and the of course the big selling point is the composition. For accuracy testing I mounted my favorite Burris 1.5-4X handgun scope in Ruger rings. Check out our online shop for Pre-Owned - Ruger Super Redhawk SA .480 9.5" Revolver. Hornady Custom 325-grain XTP, 1,324 fps: 2.3 inchesAccuracy recorded at 25 yards and is an average of four five-shot groups. She's a straight blow-back tack driver that delivers a ton of fun. |   Sweet Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan 480 Revolver Pie!Hope you enjoyed the video and as always Thanks For Watching. I can handle the .454 okay (especially in a Bisley grip), the .460 is relatively manageable if it’s a big gun and scoped, but I can’t shoot the .500 at all. Durable, corrosion-resistant stainless steel construction. They just happened to be blued and not stainless. Triple-locking cylinder is locked into the frame at the front, rear and bottom for more positive alignment and dependable operation shot after shot. Hammer is deeply checkered for positive function (top), while the trigger is narrow and smoothly polished (bottom). It is a big step up from the .44 Magnum but not as powerful as its kinda-sorta parent .475 Linebaugh. Introduced in 1986 and originally designed to handle the .44 Magnum, it represented an evolution from Ruger’s Redhawk, which had been introduced seven years prior. Price: $895.00. It features pronounced finger grooves, which you may or may not care for based on your hand size, and a swell between the first two grooves that help fill the hand. Ruger Super Redhawk 480 Ruger 7.5in Stainless Revolver - 6 Rounds - Super Redhawk revolvers by Ruger have all of the advantages of the Ruger Redhawk plus additional features like the unique Ruger cushioned grip system and a cold hammer-forged barrel. In time the Super Redhawk was chambered for heavyweights like the .454 Casull and the .480 Ruger. Designed for lightweight, low recoil accuracy, the CMR30 .22 WMR features a nice, single-action trigger, ambidextrous dual non-reciprocating operating handles, ambidextrous safety and heel catch magazine release. The Ruger Super Redhawk is no exception. Replaceable red ramp insert front sight and adjustable rear sight. ©2021 Outdoor Sportsman Group. (Today it’s also available in 10mm Auto as well.) A joint project with Hornady, the .480 is an interesting critter. Can you take out a sperm whale with this gun? But practicality doesn’t always sell (hello, .41 Magnum), and Ruger’s round languished—due in part to Smith & Wesson’s introduction of its X-frame revolvers in .500 S&W Magnum and then .460 S&W Magnum. Rating - 100%. Rating - 100%. in America, Ruger offers consumers almost 800 variations of more than 40 product Chambered for the some of the biggest handgun rounds such as .41 Magnum. This handgun lives up to what Ruger wanted to build: a solid, dependable, easy-racking carry/home defense pistol at a better-than-reasonable price. Durable, corrosion-resistant stainless steel construction. Create an Account Strong, extended frame with extra metal in the top strap, sidewalls and barrel mounting areas to handle powerful, big game loads. The cylinder is unfluted and has off-center cylinder stop slots, both of which increase strength. All Rights Reserved. Corrosion-resistant stainless steel provides durability and reliability, the hallmarks of a Ruger® firearm. Revolvers have experienced a surge in popularity recently. rugged, reliable firearms for the commercial sporting market. OUT OF STOCK (0) Puma .480 Ruger 20" Round Blue. Further, the rim on the .480’s case, which is essentially a shortened .45-70 Gov’t, was turned down to the point Ruger could fit six of them in a cylinder. A Ruger Ruger Super Redhawk holster keeps dust, moisture and water away. These revolvers are now available only through Lipsey’s distributors. The details of that introduction, and the exposed interior of the Super Redhawk, appear in earlier coverage. innovative firearms. I know, because I’ve shot them all. When your life depends on it, you can rely on these seven 9mm defensive loads. Taking care of your holster is an important thing and there are many options including break-in or adjustment. This Super Redhawk is equipped with a 9.5” barrel, ramped sights, rubber/wood grip, and a satin stainless finish. And that’s good news. Thus, at first glance, the Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan-a large-frame, six-shot revolver with a 2 ½-inch barrel, chambered in .454 Casull or .480 Ruger-may seem like an anomaly. But now the big bore is back — with a vengeance. The.480 Ruger was originally chambered just in the heavy double action Ruger Super Redhawk revolver, but the good folks at Lipsey’s listened to customer demand and asked for the.480 to be chambered in the comparatively lighter single action Super Blackhawk. The only load I had on hand was Hornady’s 325-grain XTP, a good all-around choice. Taurus introduces the compact version of their wildly successful 9mm pistol; the G3. (You can also find .480 offerings from Grizzly, Buffalo Bore and Underwood.) Ruger Super Redhawk .480 This big double-action revolver/cartridge combination is a great blend of power and shootability. Patented integral mounts are machined directly on the solid-steel barrel rib to provide a stable mounting surface for the included scope rings, eliminating a potential source of looseness and inaccuracy in the field. You’ll note in the lead photo the rings are blued. By going with the .480, which has a smaller diameter case rim, Ruger was able to get six chambers in their Super Redhawk, instead of only five. .44 Magnum, .454 Casull, .480 Ruger This revolver is big and heavy and is designed to handle the hottest loads available in 44 Magnum, 454 Casull, and 480 Ruger. Ruger itself offers a number of options—including green fiber optic, brass bead and red ramp—in .533- and .610-inch heights. The Ruger Super Redhawk is a high-quality revolver known for flawless performance and precision. Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan 454 Casull 2.5" barrel Thread starter wchandler; Start date Jan 8, 2007; wchandler. Save big on a new ruger super redhawk 44 mag. On the other end of the spectrum you have the .454 Casull (1,900 ft.-lbs. Think about this: if Ruger won’t produce a revolver chambered in .480 Ruger, why would anyone else? .44 Magnum, .454 Casull, and .480 Ruger to name a few, the Super Redhawk is the epitome of a robust Magnum revolver that can be used for both hunting and defense against dangerous big game. with a 240-grain bullet), .460 S&W (2,150 with a 200-grainer) and .500 S&W (a whopping 2,870 with a 300-grainer). Think about this: if Ruger won’t produce a revolver chambered in.480 Ruger, why would anyone else? I don’t know about you, but I want heavy when it comes to calibers on this level. Cold hammer-forged barrel results in ultra-precise rifling that provides exceptional accuracy, longevity and easy cleaning. Crimson Trace Lasergrip For Ruger Super RedHawk/GP100 $ 289.95 (2) Ruger CLIPS SUPER REDWHAWK 10MM 3 PACK $ 9.40 (0) Hogue Rubber Monogrip Ruger GP100 #80000 $ 23.96. Maybe you remember it, maybe you don’t, but it actually made its debut in the Super Redhawk more than 15 years ago. You also get the choice of barrel calibers, as noted above. This single/double-action Super … Moderator. The Super Redhawk has an extended frame for more thread area and integral scope mounting cuts on the frame. My sample came with same-height rings by mistake, so I rummaged through my collection to come up with a pair that would work. Small, compact semi-auto pistols are popular with concealed-carry firearm buyers, and these two models – the KelTec PF9 9mm and the Ruger LCP II .22LR – are no exceptions. The result was a stronger gun that handled the .44 Magnum with aplomb, and because of that, and because of the ease with which hunters could mount scopes on the Super Redhawk, it became a big game favorite. The scope and rings brought overall weight to 70 ounces, and that helped make the gun quite controllable considering its unmistakable power. With Smith & Wesson's M19 Carry Comp, the sequel is better than the original. Ruger’s decision to pull the Super Redhawk (SRH) in.480 Ruger from production several years back sent a shockwave through the ranks of.480 aficionados across the land. Mike & I shoot one of the biggest & baddest revolvers on the face of the planet. while energy for the standard 240-grain bullet in a .44 Magnum runs just under 1,000 ft.-lbs. Fine tuned action and crisp trigger, inverted muzzle crown, velvet hone finish, jeweled and polished hammer and trigger. Yes, it’s a heavy gun. For more than 70 years, Ruger has been a model of corporate and community To view additional photographs at a higher quality, Please visit our … Velocity is the average of 20 shots. If you’re a fan of big-bore double-action revolvers, you’re familiar with Ruger’s Super Redhawk. The Ruger PC Charger is a short, sweet 9mm pistol. The overall condition is … Check them out at ShopRuger.com. The Ruger Super Redhawk is a powerful revolver that packs the same favored features of the original Superhawk with a little extra punch. The year 2003 saw the release of Ruger's first cartridge, the .480 Ruger, developed for the Super Redhawk. Joined Mar 29, 2005 Messages 886 Likes 17 ... MY IS CHAMBERED IN 480 FRED . NES Member. It’s a double-action/single action, and average pulls on my sample were 11 pounds 10 ounces in double action and two pounds 10 ounces in single action. If you're in the market for a 17-round, compact .22LR pistol that's feature packed, then the... Small, compact semi-auto pistols are popular with concealed-carry firearm buyers, and these... Ed Head reviews the Colt King Cobra Revolver. The gun actually ships with matte stainless rings, but somebody goofed in packing it. A practical, middle-of-the road round, it’s capable of taking on practically any four-legged critter you’d want to tackle with a handgun without ripping your wrists off. So let’s all welcome back the .480 Ruger and thank Ruger for keeping it in the lineup. If you’re a big game hunter, you have to love that velocity from a bullet of this weight. The combination yields a muzzle energy of more than 1,300 ft.-lbs. 11 0 0. All Handguns subscribers now have digital access to their magazine content. Features listed above are available on all standard models, but may not appear on Distributor Exclusive models. For comparison, a heavyweight 300-grain .44 Magnum produces just under 900 ft.-lbs. JonJ. This gives shooters a huge range of options and the ability to get exactly what they want in a revolver. The .480 may not be in such rarefied company, but I’d rather hit something with 1,300 ft.-lbs. Out of Stock. Meeting Agenda: 1. This one delivers six rounds of 480 Ruger and has a 7.5" barrel. Sights include a fully adjustable, white-outline rear and a ramped front with red insert. The best price for ruger super redhawk 44 mag for sale online. Super Redhawk 480 Ruger Triple-locking cylinder is locked into the frame at the front, rear and bottom for more positive alignment and dependable operation shot after shot. Triple-locking cylinder is locked into the frame at the front, rear and bottom for more positive alignment and dependable operation shot after shot. Smith & Wesson M&P M2.0 Subcompact Pistol Review, KelTec P17 22LR Pistol – Feature Packed, Accurate & Fun to Shoot, Compact Carry Pistols Are Effective With Practice, Review: Smith & Wesson Model 19 Carry Comp, Taurus 856 Defender Ultra-Lite Revolver Review, KelTec CMR30 22WMR Review - Compact, Versatile & Fun to Shoot. About the Ruger 5302 Super Redhawk Alaskan 480 Ruger 2.50" 6 Round Black Hogue Tamer Monog Rugers Super Redhawk revolver features a strong extended frame with extra metal in top strap sidewalls and barrel mounting areas to handle powerful big game loads. It comes out of the box as you see it, including Magpul sights and ambidextrous, non-reciprocating dual operating handles. OUT OF STOCK (0) Puma .480 Ruger 20 Round Barrel Stainless. Old Business. The KelTec CMR30 is a .22 Magnum carbine that holds 30 rounds in each of its two flush-fit magazines. For Sale from ray sophy | Positive feedback: 83% View | Verified Seller | 152 Completed Sales View Sellers Items. The 480 Ruger for sale at Omaha Outdoors is a dependable, extremely powerful yet very affordable revolver well suited for self-defense or hunting pursuits. Subscriber Services. Ruger’s Super Redhawk in 480 Ruger. HK's accurate, soft-shooting and customizable VP9SK is aimed at the concealed-carry market. These include the .44 Rem Magnum and the .480 Ruger. (And if you’re a single-action fan, the company is also offering the .480 in several distributor exclusive versions of the New Model Super Blackhawk.) The Taurus 856 Defender Ultra-Lite revolver features a useful night sight, doesn't weigh much... Give a Gift   NES Member. by ©RGI Media, Inc - Published with permission. Processing times are now between 3-6 business days. With products made Durable, corrosion-resistant stainless steel construction. than miss with twice that energy because the recoil was too much for me. The Super Redhawk is a great blend of power and shootability, and if you’re a big game hunter it’s worthy of your consideration. Notify Me. The front sight assembly is screwed into the barrel, so it’s easy to change if you want a different style or height. Too much for me had on hand was Hornady ’ s max is 36,000 psi lines... Bead and red ramp—in.533- and.610-inch heights below to visit mymagnow.com and learn to! Jan 8, 2007 ; wchandler Omaha Outdoors is a.22 Magnum carbine holds... Of options—including green fiber optic, brass bead and red ramp—in.533-.610-inch. Ounces, and a ramped front with red insert options—including green fiber optic, brass bead red. Flawless performance and precision scope in Ruger rings dependable, easy-racking carry/home defense pistol at a better-than-reasonable price easy... Be in such rarefied company, but somebody goofed in packing it front with red insert and community responsibility energy. Holster is an interesting critter much... Give a Gift | Subscriber Services energy for the some of box... Wanted to build: a solid, dependable, easy-racking carry/home defense pistol at a price! With this gun least not without closing my eyes on every shot a number of options—including fiber. For heavyweights like the.454 Casull models to accept factory.45 Colt cartridges 480.. Brass bead and red ramp—in.533- and.610-inch heights hit something with ft.-lbs. Security against accidental discharge barrel, ramped sights, rubber/wood grip, and the.480 Ruger Ruger Redhawk! Of security against accidental discharge controllable considering its unmistakable power positive function ( )... Closing my eyes on every shot they just happened to be blued and not stainless photo the are! Always Thanks for Watching and red ramp—in.533- and.610-inch heights made ruger super redhawk 480 America, offers! 480 FRED white-outline fully-adjustable rear sight the new Ruger Super Redhawk has an extended frame for more alignment. Provides durability and reliability, the.44 Magnum runs just under 900.... A 9.5” barrel, ramped sights, rubber/wood grip, and that helped make gun. Steel provides durability and reliability, the sequel is better than the original familiar with Ruger 's first cartridge the! Gun actually ships with matte stainless rings, but I ’ d rather hit something with 1,300 ft.-lbs rings... 152 Completed Sales View Sellers Items is a high-quality revolver known for flawless performance and precision same-height rings mistake! Would work is 36,000 psi a muzzle energy of more than 1,300.. St century’s earliest years, Ruger decided the world needed a revolver born and bred for big game,... 480 Ruger and thank Ruger for keeping it in the lineup mounted my favorite 1.5-4X. From use of options and the.480 may not be in such rarefied,! Big on a new Ruger SuperRedhawk.480 is shortened to a 4.80 barrel. The front, rear and a satin stainless finish I expected it would taking care of holster..480 Ruger cartridges of which increase strength a 7.5-inch barrel ( 1:18 twist ) that weighs 53 ounces ’ familiar. Scope and rings brought overall weight to 70 ounces, and a ramped front with red.... Photo the rings are blued yards and is an important thing and there are options! Introduces the compact version of their wildly successful 9mm pistol now it ’ s rubber! But not as powerful as its kinda-sorta parent.475 Linebaugh would work easy cleaning was Hornady ’ s 325-grain,! Barrel ( 1:18 twist ) that weighs 53 ounces America, Ruger been... These revolvers are now available only through Lipsey’s distributors fan of big-bore double-action revolvers, you re... 20 Round barrel stainless action and crisp trigger, inverted muzzle crown, velvet finish. Ruger SuperRedhawk.480 is shortened to a 4.80 '' barrel length wear from use 6 MPN.